Your smart girl will love being a formulator as she learns how to use chemical science to create natural and delightful skin-care products. This is not a simple heat-and-pour activity. Learners will evaluate pH levels to understand when chemicals are safe for the skin as they work through the three phases of the formulation. This kit makes one hand soap and one scrub with fun customization options included.
What’s in a kit?
- Activity Supplies for 1 hand soap and 1 scrub and for packaging end product
- Gloves, safety glasses and apron
- Instructional Guide
- Troubleshooting Guide
- Activity Worksheets
- Affirmation Stickers
- Collectible Cards of Inspiring STEM Women
What to expect?
- Creative Exploration: Our design is optimized for the highest doses of fun, learning, and delight every step of the way, and to make sure of that, we tested it with 50 girls aged 6 to 12 during development.
- Career-Focused Knowledge Building: Explore a core STEM concept within the context of the career that uses it to solve real-world problems.
- Useful End Product: Your smart girl is not just doing STEM “stuff”, she will have a cool product that she can enjoy and show off proudly.
- All Fun, No Stress: We did all the research so that you don’t need to be the expert. It’s perfect for a bonding activity with your smart girl.
- Easy to Execute: All materials provided with multi-modal instructions; print and video so that you can pick the best one for your learner.